2020-12-21 15:16:06 • Filed to: Top List of PDF Software • Proven solutions
PDFPen is one of the most powerful PDF editors built for Mac operating systems. With all the great features offered in PDFPenPro, it only makes sense that you would want a similar functionality for Windows devices. Even though there are many users editing PDFs on Windows, there is no version of PDFPenPro for Windows. But luckily, there are some great alternatives that we'll cover in this article.
PDFpen or PDFpenPro 11 can only upgrade for free by downloading the direct-purchase version of PDFpen or PDFpenPro 12, not with the Mac App Store version. When you launch the downloaded app, you’ll be prompted to locate your previous version Mac App Store receipt file, as that can only be read with your permission. Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about PDFpen 5 – PDF Editor. Download PDFpen 5 – PDF Editor and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top 5 PDFpen for Windows Alternatives
i. PDFelement for Windows
PDFelement is software that transforms the way in which you use, edit, convert, and share PDFs compared to other editing platforms. Best midi controller for ableton. It is no doubt that this software is the one of the best PDFpenPro alternatives for Windows.
The program comes with a setup wizard as well as other supporting options which improve its ease of use. It is supported on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android platforms.
- Edit PDF files with smart tools that are similar to a Word processor.
- Annotate PDFs with highlights, stamps, comments, free drawing tools, and more.
- Protect PDFs with passwords and permission restrictions.
- Sign PDFs with digital signatures.
- Create fillable PDF from fields, and fill PDF forms easily.
- It offers a clean interface with numerous support options.
- Beginners to editing PDF files will find this software extremely easy to use.
- Even though it's ideal for first-time users, it is also versatile enough for advanced users as well.
ii. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
This PDFpen for Windows alternative can be described as the ultimate solution for all PDF editing needs. It has always been an industry leader compared to other competing PDF editors. The cost of an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscription is $14 per month. This PDFpenPro for Windows alternative comes with an appealing interface that can also be used on touchscreen devices. It contains a new online cloud service to store documents. The online cloud service allows a user to access all of his or her files on both mobile and computer applications.
- The software comes with an efficient and easy to use interface.
- The latest version has great improvements in terms of OCR and text editing.
- There is additional cloud storage that comes with a built-in PDF signing tool and routing.
- The OCR tool does not include an 'undo' functionality.
- The purchase plans and subscriptions costs are quite expensive compared to other PDF editing software programs.
iii. ABBY FineReader
ABBY FineReader is an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software with conversion capabilities. It provides the user with unmatched text recognition features. ABBYY is a PDFpenPro for Windows alternative that virtually eliminates the process of retyping and formatting of documents. The software is priced at $199, $299 and $499 for its standard, corporate and enterprise versions respectively. ABBYY FineReader efficiently works on all the versions of Windows Operating Systems (OS).
- Intuitive features and one-click automated tasks which help to carry out tasks more efficiently.
- It supports up to 190 languages based on text recognition.
- It has great precision levels.
- It has a verification tool that carries out comparisons between the original text and OCR in order to rectify any errors in text.
- It does not support background colors and table borders if saved in either excel or word formats.
- Searchable PDF works only if the document was saved from an OCR Editor.
iv. Nitro Pro
This PDFpenPro for Windows alternative gives a user everything he or she might need in order to create, convert, edit, sign and share PDF files to industry-standard. One of its greatest features is its simplicity, intuitive UI, and straightforward approach. It increases productively. The product is priced at $159.99 for a single user license. The PDFpen for Windows alternative is supported on 64 bit Windows 10, 8 and 7. Nitro Pro is mostly used on Windows Operating Systems.
- It is pretty easy to convert or create PDF files from word and vice-versa.
- Easy to combine multiple files into a single PDF file.
- Some PDF files with the newest formatting from Adobe do not open properly in this program.
- Navigating the cursor can be little cumbersome but it should be fixed in newer versions
v. PDFill PDF Editor
PDFFill PDF Editor is a full-featured PDF editing tool, providing features similar to Adobe, but at approximately half the price. Its features include the conversion of PDF to Office file formats and vice-versa. This program also lets you add headers and footers to a PDF file, plus convert postscripts to PDF. PDFill PDF Editor is priced at $19.99, for its Pro version. Similar to Nitro Pro, it works best on Windows platforms.
- Great user interface.
- Allows for the conversion of PostScript to PDF.
- Can convert PDF to images and vice-versa
- The application lacks several features that are provided by other competing PDF editing tools.
Why to Choose PDFelement
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Learn with our video tutorials. Search our Knowledge Base. Review our FAQ.
What’s New in PDFpen and PDFpenPro 12
Showcases some of the new features in the latest versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro
Highlight, Draw, Comment and More
Use PDFpen’s powerful PDF markup tools to revise and annotate PDF documents.
Sign PDF Documents
Sign PDF documents on your Mac, iPad and iPhone
Filling in PDF Forms
Create fillable PDF forms of your own.
Touchup Images in PDFs
Use PDFpen to edit images in a PDF file.
Using Optical Character Recognition OCR
Use PDFpen to OCR PDF files on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Editing and Redacting Text
Use PDFpen to correct, edit, and redact text in PDF documents.
Export, Encrypt, AppleScript and More
Use PDFpen to edit, password-protect and export PDF files.
Pdfpen 5 Review
Split View, Font Bar, Continuity Camera and More
Split view, New font bar, Support for Continuity Camera, Custom Page Number Location, Add Multiple Items to Library.
Watermarking, Precision Edit, Improved Colors and More
Watermarks, Add text feature for headers and footers, Library UI improvements, Line Art, Improved color palette
Improved Annotations, Exporting Annotations, Hand Tool and More
Enhanced annotations Better table of contents, Hand tool, Find and highlight text , Link to files, Perform calculations
Attachments, Audio Annotations and Measurements
Add tables of contents, Convert websites into PDFs, OCR text layer, Set PDF permissions, Fill out PDF forms, Create interactive forms, Export to Excel, Create PDF portfolios
Where do I find Help resources?
- Getting started? Watch PDFpen in action on our Video Tutorials above.
- PDFpen comes with extensive Help documentation:
- In-app Help manual: Look under Help in the PDFpen menu bar
- Online Help Help manual
- Off-line Help manual: Download the PDF
- Older version? Download PDFs for PDFpen 11 Help, PDFpen 10 Help, PDFpen 9 Help, PDFpen 8 Help, PDFpen 7 Help, PDFpen 6 Help, PDFpen 5 Help, PDFpen 4 Help and PDFpen 3 Help
How do I install PDFpen?
How do I buy or upgrade PDFpen?
Buy PDFpen from our web store. Buy, or upgrade, from within the product itself click here for instructions.
PDFpen won’t register no matter what! What do I do?
You can find directions on our Activation Help page
I bought from the Mac App Store, why isn’t the upgrade working?
Find directions to upgrade PDFpen. If they don’t help, contact support
I purchased on the Mac App Store after January 1, 2020. How do I get a free upgrade?
PDFpen or PDFpenPro 11 can only upgrade for free by downloading the direct-purchase version of PDFpen or PDFpenPro 12, not with the Mac App Store version. When you launch the downloaded app, you’ll be prompted to locate your previous version Mac App Store receipt file, as that can only be read with your permission. Once your receipt is verified, PDFpen or PDFpenPro 12 will offer to contact our server and issue you a license to the direct purchase version.
Are PDFpen and PDFpenPro compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and 10.14 (Mojave)?
The latest versions of PDFpen and PDFpenPro v12 are compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and 10.14 (Mojave).
Download the latest version of PDFpen and PDFpenPro here.
I have more than one computer. Does a single license allow me to install on all of them?
Yes, if you are the only user of those computers. If you have multiple computers used by more than one person in the same household, you can purchase a Family Pack license, which covers 5 computers in the same household. (Click here for more information.)
What is the difference between PDFpen and PDFpenPro?
PDFpenPro has all the PDF editing features of PDFpen. PDFpenPro also has the ability to:
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms including interactive signature fields and email or web submission buttons
- Create and edit Table of Contents and bookmarks
- Convert websites into PDFs
- Add and edit document permissions
- Automatic form creation makes existing PDF forms fillable
- Gather submitted form data via backend integration
- Export to Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx) when offline, and to Microsoft® PowerPoint (.pptx) and PDF Archive (PDF/A) formats with an Internet connection, must be a licensed user
- Add and delete file attachments and annotations
- Create Portfolio documents, combining related files together
- Correct typos in OCR text layer
- OCR horizontal Chinese, Japanese & Korean
- Send documents for signatures with DocuSign®
What if I don’t have Mac OS 10.12 or later?
Pdfpen 5 Key
See the System Requirements to download the version of PDFpen which supports your OS version.
How can I purchase a license for version 11.x or earlier?”
We stopped selling v.11 licenses when v.12 was released. A current version license of PDFpen v.12 gives you access to any previous version. Contact support for assistance on registering the version you want to use.
This license will also work in the future to register PDFpen v.12 should you update to it.
Is there an education discount?
Yes, there is a 30% education discount. Please visit our education store for more details.
When are updates available on the Mac App Store?
Pdfpen 5 Torrent
Smile submits applications for review by the Mac App Store on the day that they are released. Apple must approve the update, and has sole control over when they appear in the Mac App Store.
How do I use PDFpen with iCloud Drive?
Have any other questions? Search our Knowledge Base for answers.
|macOS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13 (Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 12|
|macOS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12 (Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 11|
|macOS 10.14, 10.13, 10.12 (Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 10|
|macOS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 9|
|macOS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10 (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 8|
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 7
|Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, and 10.7 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 6|
|Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, and 10.6 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard)|
Requires an 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo Mac.
|PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5|
|Intel Core Duo and Solo Macs on OS X 10.6||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5.7.2|
|Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.4 (Leopard, Tiger)||PDFpen and PDFpenPro 4|