Towards the top of the jurassic.ninja dashboard you’ll notice a box with your WordPress login credentials. If you’re using the WordPress test site for a few minutes there’s no reason to remember the credentials. But if you’re planning to come back to your WordPress test site in the future, make sure to save the credentials for future use.
- Jul 18, 2019 WordPress Site Speed Testing Tools. Before you can do anything to speed up your WordPress site, you need to test it. The good news is that this is fairly simple to accomplish with the many tools available online. Here are 3 common speed test tools for your WordPress site to get you started.
- Data Used; Site Owners / Users. While not actively used in the delivery of this functionality, EXIF data may exist (and be accessible to site visitors) in any of the images that you upload to your site.Additionally, for activity tracking (detailed below): IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting.
Google PageSpeed Insights right in your WordPress dashboard.
Test site speed performance daily, get notified if it’s slow, get detailed reports.
With SpeedGuard you get:
- unlimited Google Lighthouse tests (PageSpeed Insights API)
- automatic everyday monitoring
- desktop and mobile testing
- daily reports about your site speed health are delivered straight to your inbox. If site performance gets worse, you’ll be able to prevent big problems asap
- links to the Google PageSpeed Insights reports which you can pass to the performance engineer to improve your site speed
- tests are completely automated since first time setup is done
- easy to use — just pick pages of your website that you would like to monitor
- It’s free 🙂
No need to guess whether your website is slow or fast – get the definite answer in your WordPress Dashboard in a few minutes.
Test speed of different types of content in WordPress :
- WooCommerce Products
- any other Custom Post Type
- any other Custom Taxonomy
Today, if your website loads slow, there is no need to even bother with any other optimization at all.
Page load time is one of Google’s top priorities for 2020 and it’s also its ranking signal. If Google’s crawler can’t access your website because it’s loading slow or throwing errors, it will never proceed further with indexation and ranking, and as a result, your website won’t get any decent organic traffic.
I wanted an easy-to-use tool to warn me in case my website load time may harm it’s search rankings. I wanted a native WordPress solution, with all information available from the dashboard, simple but still informative, a guard who will do the monitoring every day and ping me, in case something goes wrong.
I have not found one and that’s why I’ve built this plugin.
I’ll be happy to know that you find it useful as well, feel free to leave a review 🙂 Techsmith snagit 12.
Automatic plugin installation:
- Go to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress Admin
- Search for SpeedGuard plugin
- Click Install SpeedGuard
- Activate SpeedGuard after installation
- Follow further instructions to add pages that you want to test
Go to the SpeedGuard -> Settings page to set the scan frequency and whether you prefer to be emailed.
For example, you can set tests to run every day and send you a performance report every day, too.
Or you may want to receive an email just in case the average site speed is worse than say, 5 seconds (adjustable too).
In this case, the plugin will perform tests every day but only send you the warning if your site is loading slower than the time you have set.
How tests are performed?
Starting from version 1.7 SpeedGuard is using Google PageSpeed Insights API which uses Lighthouse technology to perform tests.
Wordpress Site Speed Test Free
Do I need Google PageSpeed Insights API key to use SpeedGuard?
Wordpress Site Speed Test
No, you don’t. Just add pages you need to test.
Are the speed results for desktop or mobile users?
You can choose the type of device to emulate:
Is it compatible with WordPress Multisite?
It is! Use per-site activation.
Where can I suggest a new feature or report a bug?
On SpeedGuard’s GitHub repo!
Wordpress Site Speed Test Online
- English – default, always included
- Russian – Привет!
Note: No your language yet? You can help to translate this plugin to your language right from the repository, no extra software needed.
- Thanx to Baboon designs from the Noun Project for the timer icon.